World Heritage by UNESCO, the whole of the Alhambra and the Generalife is the most emblematic monument of Granada and the most visited in Spain.
Built between the 13th and 14th centuries, the Alhambra represents the splendor of the Nasrid dynasty, whose power encompassed a large part of Andalusia.
The monument consists of three different visits: Alcazaba (castle and Fortress), Royal Palace and Generalife gardens. The estimated time to complete the entire visit is approximately three hours. The visit to the Nasrid Palaces, where more than half an hour is spent, can only be made within the time indicated on the ticket, otherwise the right to visit this space is lost.
It is not allowed to enter the monument with a baby cart, which must be deposited in the consignment, where a baby carrier is offered free of charge to the visitor.
Information phone and public visit: 0034 958 027 971
Consult more information at: Alhambra Board
From October 15 to March 14:
Day: Monday to Sunday 8.30-18.00 h.
Night: Friday and Saturday 20.00-21.30 h.
From March 15 to October 14:
Day: Monday to Sunday 8.30-20.00 h.
Night: Tuesday to Saturday 22.00-23.30 h.
The Alhambra closes on December 25 and January 1.
TYPES OF ENTRY
– General day visit. It includes the visitable areas of the Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces, Generalife, Bath of the Mosque and Gardens. PRICE: €14.00
* Access to the Nasrid Palaces must be at the time indicated at the entrance.
– Day visit to Jardines del Generalife. It is possible to visit only the main garden areas of the monument. The gardens that can be visited are the Partal, Paseo de las Torres and Generalife Gardens. PRICE: €7.00
– Night visit to Palaces: Only includes the visitable areas of the Nasrid Palaces. The capacity is reduced. PRICE: €8.00
– Night visit to Jardines del Generalife: €5.00
– The Patronato de la Alhambra offers another type of visit, such as combined visits or Alhambra Experiences.
Price reductions at the entrances, for:
– Over 65 years of the European Union: €9.00
– Holders of the European Youth Card: €9.00
– People with disabilities: €8.00
– General visit for children * up to 11 years old: Free, although they must present the ticket.
– General visit for children * between 12 and 15 years: €8.00
* Accompanied by their parents, relatives or legal guardians
EARLY BOOKING AND PURCHASE OF TICKETS
The Alhambra is visited every year by more than 3 million people and the number of tickets put on sale daily is limited, so it is recommended to buy tickets at least 2 or 3 weeks in advance.
The tickets are valid only for the indicated day when they are purchased and they are put on sale with an advance of 3 months.
– Direct sale
• Access Pavilion to the Alhambra: Electronic lockers or terminals. The same day of the visit, from 08.00 hours. The availability of tickets is not guaranteed and in any case the quota of these is very limited. Credit cards are not accepted.
– Advance sale
The purchase is made by credit or debit card (surcharge of € 1.40 / ticket).
• By telephone calling the Board of the Alhambra and Generalife:
0034 958 027 971
0034 958 027 908
0034 958 575 131
• Online: Alhambra Board
It is necessary to validate the discounted tickets at the monument’s box office.
– Tourist voucher
Allows you to visit the most important monuments and museums of the city, including the Alhambra: Granada Card.
– Guided tours
There are many agencies that offer guided tours to the Alhambra.
HOW TO GET THERE:
Bus: minibus C3, stop ‘Alhambra – Generalife 2’
Car: Cars do not have permission to access the Alhambra from the city center, but there is a parking lot next to the monument which is accessed from the ring road of Granada (N-323, A44) for the South Round.